This award recognises the best marketing campaign costing under £25,000 to deliver. The budget should include all direct costs of the campaign, but may exclude any permanent staff costs, premises, overheads, and other general trading costs.
In common with the mid-range budget campaign and big budget campaign category, this is suitable for campaigns employing one or more communication channels. The winner is likely to show a high degree of sophistication, and integration both with other marketing elements and with the company’s other activity (sales, manufacturing, operations etc).
While the creative matters, and must be coherent with the brand and the audience, the effectiveness of the campaign, the ROI, and the value for money will be paramount.
As with other communication categories, entrants should demonstrate effectiveness against the following criteria:
- There are clear objectives for the communication and these are linked
to the company’s overall marketing objectives.
- The audience is well defined and researched.
- The communication is innovative and creatively designed for that target audience.
- That the communication was cost effective in relation to the level of success, demonstrating a clear ROI that represents value for money.
- And most importantly that the objectives were measurably achieved (or exceeded) and that the campaign can be shown to have succeeded.