The winner of this category could be a re-branding or repositioning of an existing brand, or the launch of a new brand. It is likely to display good use of market research to inform the creative and strategy, and a managed and coherent execution probably across multiple platforms.
As with other communication categories, entrants should demonstrate effectiveness against the following criteria:
- There are clear objectives for the branding activity and these are linked to the company’s overall marketing objectives.
- The audience is well defined and researched.
- The branding is innovative, original, and creatively designed for that target audience, and aligned to the objectives.
- That the budget was appropriate, and that cost effectiveness has been managed, with a clear demonstration of ROI.
- The objectives were measurably achieved (or exceeded) and that the branding activity can be shown to have achieved its goals.