Technology is increasingly important in marketing – marketing automation, predictive analytics and audience intelligence, social media and content marketing tools, creative and design, web and SEM, SalesTech, AdTech, Marketing Performance Management, Conversion Optimization, and more have become commonplace.
This category is open to any campaign which makes significant use of marketing technologies like those listed above, and where the application of the technology makes a significant difference to the outcome – this should not be about using technology for its own sake, but about achieving a marketing goal.
In common with the other campaign categories, this is suitable for campaigns employing one or more communication channels. The winner is likely to show a high degree of sophistication, and integration both with other marketing elements and with the organisation’s other activity (sales, operations etc).
While the creative matters, and must be coherent with the brand and the audience, the effectiveness of the campaign, the ROI, and the value for money will be paramount.
Entrants should demonstrate effectiveness against the following criteria:
- There are clear objectives for the communication and these are linked to the organisation’s overall marketing objectives, and that the audience is well-defined.
- The choice of technology is linked and suited to the audience, and it has been made with due consideration of the alternatives
- The application of technology was well planned, executed, and monitored.
- That the communication was cost effective in relation to the level of success, with a clear demonstration of ROI.
- And most importantly that the objectives were measurably achieved (or exceeded) and that the campaign can be shown to have succeeded.